The “Official” IHOP Pancakes Recipe
Nonstick Spray, Butter Flavor Crisco, or Pan and Grill Oil
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface and apply nonstick spray, Crisco, or oil.
2. In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles. Do not spread the batter around to make a larger circle unless you want thinner pancakes (which are not IHOP pancakes!).
4. When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown. (On medium heat, the pancakes are ready to flip once bubbles “pop” in the center of the pancake.)
5. Cook pancakes on the other side until golden brown.
Store and refrigerate leftover batter in a pitcher for up to three days. (After three days, green mold specks will appear in the batter ￼, and the batter must be discarded.)